Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Athletic Injuries More Frequent in Females

I have long professed to my athletic injury classes that injuries are sport specific and not gender specific. At first, this article Athletic Injuries More Frequent in Females made me question myself, but then I realized what it was really saying. I still am convinced that injuries are sport specific. I totally agree that female athletes have been given the short straw (intentionally and unintentionally) when it come to strength training and their ability to obtain it. Injuries are preventable and are caused by a mistake. Apparently one of these mistakes may be a faulty research model that assumes that there are no intrinsic biological differences between males and females. I still feel that injuries are sport specific. I also feel that injuries are a result of a mistake. This article brings both of these concepts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment